Getting ready for your pre wedding photoshoot? If you need some extra tips, check out this list we created just for you!
1. Dress for the season. Think about the season as you prepare for your pre wedding photoshoot. If it’s summer, make sure to dress appropriately so you and your fiancé aren’t getting sweat stains and red faces during the session. If it’s in winter, wear bright colours so you don’t blend into the snow. Just be aware of these things so you are comfortable and your photos will look the best they can be.
2. Choosing the best session time. In the morning and later in the evening are the best times for a pre wedding photo shoot because of the amazing ‘golden hour’ lighting. If you have a session at noon, there is going to be harsh lighting and your photos will ultimately suffer.
3. Be prepared. Make a list of everything you need for your pre wedding photoshoot – brush, lipstick, extra clothes, accessories, etc. Put them in the car and be ready to go. Along with that, get directions and a GPS, or your handy dandy smart phone, and program in the address of the session. You don’t want to get lost and cause unnecessary stress. Leave with plenty of time to spare.
4. Be excited. This is also part of being prepared. If you’re excited, it can’t help but rub off on your fiancé. He or she loves you and gets excited when you’re excited. Your significant other can’t help but get excited, too. So build up the hype and let him or her know how important this is to you and how fun it will be.
5. Relax. Do not, I repeat, do not, stress out about this. This is supposed to be fun. I know you’re worried about what you’re going to look like, if the weather is going to cooperate, etc., but the more you stress, the more likely you’ll read stiff or uncomfortable on camera. The more relaxed you are, the better your photos will be. Do what you can to prepare for the session and leave the rest up to me. That’s what I’m here for, so just take a breath, relax and enjoy your pre wedding session.
There are loads, check out this blog on the many benefits of having a pre wedding photoshoot before your special day.
Your message has been sent. We'll contact you shortly